Date: 21 May 2021 - 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM (CEST)
The recession following the COVID-19 pandemic grants an increasing role to housing, making it especially harder for the most deprived to work in decent conditions. At the same time, social housing is considered an essential lever to achieve energy efficiency objectives and fight against energy poverty, as set out by the Renovation Wave. It is finally a key principle in the implementation of the European Pillar of Social Rights. As a result, adequate and sufficient sources of funding are required.
This webinar will be the occasion to explore different models of financing of the social housing sector in Europe and how they can be articulated. National Promotional Banks and Institutions (NPBIs), long-term investors, very active in financing social housing will share their experience in articulating national public resources, EU funding and private capital, along social impact private investors and experts on the field.
Simona Bonafé (S&D), Maria da Graça Carvalho (EPP) and Dominique Riquet (RE), are pleased to invite you to the next conference of the Sustainable, Long-term Investments & Competitive European Industry Intergroup on Financing the social housing sector: which models?.
This session will be the occasion to explore different models of financing of the social housing sector in Europe and how they can be articulated in the context of the recession following the COVID-19 pandemic, the energy efficiency objectives set out by the Renovation Wave, and the implementation of the European Pillar of Social Rights.
Keynote by Nicolas Schmit, Commissioner for Jobs and Social Rights
- Valentina Superti, Director of Tourism and proximity, DG Grow, European Commission
- Francesco Profumo, President of ACRI (Associazione di Fondazioni e di Casse di Risparmio) and President of the Fondazione Compagnia San Paolo
- François de Borchgrave, Founder and Managing Partner, KOIS
- Marco Doglio, Chief Real Estate Officer - Cassa Depositi e Prestiti & CEO - CDP Immobiliare SGR
- Sorcha Edwards, Secretary General, Housing Europe
- Laurent Ghekiere, European Affairs Director, Union Sociale de l’Habitat on the European alliance for Sustainable and inclusive social housing
Moderated by Helmut Helmut von Glasenapp, ELTI Secretary General