The Council of Europe Development Bank (CEB) would like to invite you to the webinar 'Have we learnt the lessons of the Covid-19 crisis? Investing in more and better social infrastructure for inclusive, resilient and sustainable societies' on Thursday, 30 September 2021 from 14:30 to 16:00 (CEST)
Growing social inequalities and chronic underinvestment in public infrastructure reinforce each other in increasing the vulnerability of societies and economies to unexpected shocks. Earlier this year, European leaders reaffirmed at the Porto Social Summit that the recovery must be sustainable, inclusive and fair, while infrastructure is currently a top priority of the G20.
Bridging critical social infrastructure gaps to ensure equitable access to high-quality and affordable essential services for all remains one of the most effective ways to promote social cohesion and integration. The session will take stock of the social infrastructure gap, with a special focus on Europe, make the case for the prioritisation and scaling up of financing in support of social sustainability objectives.
• Yngve Engstroem, Head of Cooperation, Delegation of European Union to Montenegro
• Anuela Ristani, Deputy Mayor, City of Tirana, Albania
• Antonella Baldino, Chief International Development Finance Officer, CDP Group (Cassa Depositi e Prestiti)
• A representative from the United Nations Development Programme
• Monica Scatasta, Director Technical Assessment and Monitoring, Council of Europe Development Bank